Thursday, July 3, 2008

Ethiopian Summer Picnic


June 28th

I can't praise CHSFS enough!!! I absolutely love my agency!!! We traveled Friday to the twin cities, shopped at the mall of America, stayed at Northwestern College. The picnic took place on the campus of Northwestern College. What a great campus!!
It started at 11am with the Markato(market). Lots of great things to buy. Lifebooks, hair beads, coffee, clothing........... They had a petting zoo with African animals. they had blow up games and Tristan played soccer.
We watched hair braiding, and we listened to a panel on Racism. We went on fundraising walk, Walk for Water. Which is to raise enough money to build a well in Hossana.
I met Jan the Ethiopian program director, and Alexa the woman who placed Sahara with our family. I will forever be greatful!!! It was wonderful to see so many white parents with Ethiopian children. But it was sad also. I spent most of the day behind sunglasses, with eyes brimming with tears. I miss my baby girl!!! Seeing all the families with there children made it harder for me to deal with her thousands of miles away. I just want her home!!!!

1 comment:

Christy O said...

Glad you had such a good time. We will have to visit more about hair care and all of that when we all have the time! You have such a great agency and are being well prepared for what is to come!