Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Lifest 2008

Lifest 2008

It was the best year, and it was the worst year!!









This was the year that the music meant the most to me. The first night was the Newsboys!! Need I say more?? I have the lead singer's face on a pillow case!! What's better than partying with your children??? Throwing Captain Crunch because they don't serve breakfast in Hell.... Every night was a beautiful sunset followed my a 3 in the morning storm that bent the metal poles of my screen tent-kitchen, but didn't disrupt the pile of tupperware sitting out on the table. That is an act of God!! Telling me that my tenting days our done!! And thanks to my very best friend in all the world, we will be sharing sites next year with campers!!! He has such a sence of humor and I know that he must just get a kick out of watching me deal with his humor!!! It is such a great week to spend with your children worshiping God the whole time!! Lauren stayed with her friends the first night. They had just one more spot for her to stay. The first night it rained hard!! And their tent got flooded. Including her new air mattress and tatered sleeping bag. While trying to dry out the tent with a space heater, HER air mattress fell ontop of the space heater and melted!!! God is just so funny!!! I'm glad we all saw his humor this weekend!!
Stephen Curtis Chapman was the most emotional day. I woke up feeling sorrow for his family, for their daughter's birth mother. This was his first appearence since the dealth of his daughter Maria. May 21st. 1 and a half months after the dealth of your daughter you are back to work. Not sitting in an office hiding for the next year, but on stage telling the story over and over. He it truely a man of God and did it to show people how if you have the faith and trust in the Lord Jesus Christ how he can carry you when you can't do it on your own. All day I couldn't stop talking about him and how he must be feeling. I found myself in tears in the middle of the day behind my sunglasses. I just don't know how I would deal with it??? The same way God has lead me through every trial I have had. The consert began slowly. He came out and talked about how he didn't know how this was going to be, how he would get through it. He cried, sang a song, talked more about how every song he wrote years ago meant so much more. At times he would just stop and cry. Everyone cried!! I knew we were all going to wake up looking like we had hang overs!!! He even sang the Cinderella song. Which I beleive he wrote for his daughter Maria. Come to find out later that he said he would never sing that song again. It wasn't on his play list. But he did, and what hope it gave to people who were going through similar situations.
I can't say enough how much I love Lifest!! It will always be my favorite weekend of the year.

1 comment:

Christy O said...

So, Anna, who is this "best friend guy"?? LOL! Glad you had a great time and thanks for sharing about the SCC concert, I have been thinking a lot about that! Well, we will be at the fairgrounds from mid tomorrow morning on through Sunday so you can reach us on our cell phones!!!!
Christy