Saturday, January 24, 2009

Sweet 16





Sixteen Years ago on a very icy, early morning I gave birth to the most beautiful baby girl. And this week we celebrated her 16th birthday!! Friday we had a sweet 16 party at a dry nightclub. It was a great time and and great time had by all. All night I kept asking Lauren, Are you having a good time? She would smile and say yes. Mid-evening she asked me, Mom are you having a good time? I started to cry. Yes, if you are happy, I'm having a great time!! Isn't that just it??? When we see out babies having a wonderful time, it makes our evening wonderful...... Lauren has a great group of friends, half from school, and half from church. And then there is Marty.... gosh I love that guy, and he is good for her. NO not a boyfriend. Lauren isn't allowed to have one of "those". But a great guy who keeps her compass north.

Happy Birthday Baby!!! I love you so very much!!!!

No comments: