Sunday, April 12, 2009

Selamnesh's First Easter

Selamnesh's first Easter. This is a year of firsts for this precious princess. When Bizunesh and I met, I asked her if she was Orthodox, to which she answered, "No, Jesus!" Even though we do not follow the same calendar, and in the US we observe Easter as a pagen holiday created when the festival of the fertility God's was observed..........I can go on, but won't. Both Bizunesh and I celabrate the birth and dealth and reserrection of Jesus. I try not to make too much of the weekend we call Easter, for we should be giving it the same celabration every day, not just on a dedicated weekend. Some people, including when I grew up accually had such a somber Friday and a jubilant Sunday that it almost seems silly. Jesus Christ has Risen from the Grave!! Amen!! I think that everyone that calls himself a Christian should watch the Passion of the Christ. And realize that He took all of our sins onto Himself. He paid the price of all of our sins so that we wouldn't have too. I thank you Jesus!! We had a wonderful weekend!! That started by going out for breakfast on Friday. IHop, you hop, we all hop to IHop!!! Selamnesh had her very own breakfast for the first time also. Silver dollar pancakes, eggs, and a sausage. Then we went shopping at the mall and came home to clean. I was in a mood. Lauren and Tristan are fabulous kids. I thaught them how to take apart a window to clean it and they each did!!






Saturday we had our annual Easter Egg Hunt. With 16 children and their parents. Friends and family is what getting together at holidays is for. 700 eggs, over 13# of ham, Green bean casserole, suffing, dead Judy potatoes, Cheesecake, and blackberry pie among lots of other fillers. Can you say stuffed?? The kids squeeled, and screached, ran and jumped. I am most thrilled when my house is so cramped with people and I have to yell to ask someone if they need a soda from the other side of the room. I am in my element!!! Selamnesh was a pro right off the starting line. She wanted to be first out the door and was willing to be trampelled to be there. She knew that you had to hold the basket in one hand and pick up the egg with the other.






At church we waited for the first service to exit and while waiting we enjoyed a donut. Don't I have the 3 most beautiful children in the world??






After church we went to Applebee's where Selamnesh practiced her fishy lips. We went to the Wild Life Sanctuary where we looked and chased lots of geese. And came home to find a trail of bunny poop (jelly beans) leading to her Easter Basket. She LOVES jelly beans!!! She also found some really cool piggy slippers. God's Blessings to you all!! And may we remember what Jesus Christ did for us EVERY DAY, not just one weekend out of the year.



No comments: