Tuesday, August 25, 2009

4th of July






Where has the summer gone??? We have had such a wonderful, awesome summer. Selamnesh's first summer with us...and how she is changing every day!!!

Selamnesh's first 4th of July was extremely important to me!!! I think I started to cry early in the morning. Lauren and Tristan were with their father. So it was just Selamnesh and I which that in it's self I was sad about. Selamnesh's first 4th of July and her brother and sister weren't there..........

We went downtown to meet up with friends. We watched some bands and met up with different groups of friends. We had a wonderful time!!!

As the sun went down we sat down right on the water's edge with the same friends that we do every year. Just before the fireworks other friends joined us. Selamnesh stayed up for the beginning of the great light show..... I sat on the ground, with her in my lap. As I watched the fabulous explosions of colors I rocked my baby in my arms and sang all the patriotic songs I could think of starting with the national anthem. All the while thinking of her little life.....what freedoms did Selamnesh have that Bizunesh will never have. As her little body relaxed with sleep, I sang while tears fell on her face..........I love you baby girl!!

No comments: