Monday, November 3, 2008

Almost Normal

First I have to thank everyone for their prayers. It is only prayer that has bought us this far......... We have been to the Dr. for blood draws at least twice a week. Today was another one of those days. I still cry when I hear my baby girl screaming as they hold her down. Today they couldn't get a good draw. They said she has so much scare tissue on her tiny veins that they have a hard time sticking the needle through... great. But they got it done. I love our Doctor!!! He calls me within hours to give me the results.....She is at 90!!!! Praise God!!!!!! We started the Primaquine to keep the Malaria away. It actually kills the eggs of the Malaria parasite. Get this.....from someone who doesn't like to take an advil for a headache...... The US doesn't have much experience with Malaria, So I'm suppose to give her 1/3 of a tablet. I said no way!!! So they came up with a different plan, as cave man as this sounds..... They crushed the pills for me and have each one in a baggie. I have to add 15 Mg of water to each pill, stir it up, and give her 5mg of the liquid. They don't know how it holds up over time in water, so I give her two doses and throw the third away...... I'll do what ever it takes......We don't have to go back for over a week!!!!!Yeh!!!!!!

2 comments:

Janine said...

The good news is this ---- she will probably not remember any of these blood draws in a few years. John was hospitalized 3 times when he was 3 and 4 years old. Each time, there were numerous blood draws - all of which he screamed through. Today, he only remembers being in the hospital and a little about the blood draws, but he doesn't remember the screaming. God is good in that way, He helps us clear our minds of those nasty experiences.

geminicassiopeia said...

I am so happy to hear that she is doing better!!