Monday, May 18, 2009

The long walk

One year ago Bizunesh walked 3 hours to make the best choice she could have for baby girl who she named Selamnesh. How many times had she started that trek only to turn back and go home??? She had nothing to feed her, in the end it was just warm water. Ohh, how I don't understand her pain. I honestly don't know if I would love my children enough......Would I rather them die in my arms??? Or give them to someone I never met, and would never hear from again??? I honestly couldn't tell you what I would do. 3 hours is a long time, a long time to second guess your decision. I have 3 hour drives all the time. I can think a lot in 3 hours. I can drive 3 hours with Selamnesh in the back seat. But what would I be thinking if I had 3 hours to walk with my precious baby in my arms???????? Bizunesh, I will never forget what you have done. You are much more loving and caring than I could ever be. I love you!!!

No comments: