Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Forums/Blogging

We are using Children's Home in MN as our Ethiopian agency. It is the most wonderful experience I could ask for thus far. They have this Awesome group of women, mothers, and mother's to be. We all belong to this forum that this mother Carrie organizes. She is wonderful!! She keeps a running list of people that register, to follow progress, and see your name move up the list. They say that only half of the people in waiting register with her. How silly is that??? We have this great network of people, why would anyone want to do this alone??? CRAZY!!! As of today, we are #80!!! Which means in reality, we are #160.

I started lurking last July after Lifest, when as a family we decided to adopt a girl from Ethiopia. Lurking means that you just read other people's experience and don't post anything about yourself. There were certain people I could relate to. Then I found out what blogging was. I would stalk peoples blogs. I wanted to start a blog, but had nothing to say.... if you know me you think that is impossible!!! Stop laughing.....

my 2 favorite blogs are http://raisinglucy.blogspot.com and http://adayatthebeauchamps.blogspot.com !!! I really could relate to Heather who just recieved a referral for her son who was 15 months old. Because we were going to take a child up to 18 months, I could relate. I feel God preparing me for a child around a year old. So I read every now and then about their children the same way you read this.

Lastnight I was on the road working in Ashland, WI. Way up north!!! I got into my hotel after 8pm. I logged onto the chsfs website and started catching up on everyone and went to Heather's blog. I wanted to research how much her son weighed when she picked him up. I guess, I'm starting to nest....... So I started looking back at that time frame and read the funniest story. She and her son went to the store and when they came out a snake was coming out of the bumper of her car!!! She tells of the whole experience and how all these police officers are trying to get the snake out and how as a mother you feel what might have been for your child. The story was so funny to read!!! Then I realize that I am laughing so hard, in my hotel room, at midnight, the TV isn't on, my room is silent, the hotel is booked, and a woman burst out laughing!!! I wonder what my neighbors on each side, and above me thought I was doing???? I just knew that I was going to walk out in the morning and my neighbors were going to be out there waiting for me to come out!!! Lucky they left before me.....

I am so thankful for a Sisterhood of adopting mothers!!!
May God Bless My Sisters and their Babies!!

No comments: