Monday, October 6, 2008

This is why I wanted to be a Mommy again

I am living the dream!!

Last night it all became real. Lauren and Tristan spent the weekend with their dad. I missed them very much and called to see how they were doing. Tristan went duck hunting, and Lauren is still under the weather after the trip home. I still miss them very much when they aren't at home!!!

Selamnesh, we are still calling her for now because she doesn't know any English and at least she knows her birth name, and I ate dinner. I'm not one for spicy food and that's all she ate in Addis. I bought some Pastrimi at the deli after realizing that the food I like just didn't have enough flavor. Saturday I tried giving her rotisseri chicken, she spit it out until I but BBQ sauce on it. So I thought I would try some pastrami. She ate all of the outside pieces with the pepper aound the edges. She wouldn't eat the middle!!!!! So I grabbed the pepper mill. After mixing in the pepper she ate it all!!!! After dinner we sat in the living room and played with the barnyard. Later I popped some popcorn and we sat watching 60 minutes and ate/played with the popcorn. She loved it!! I think because I douse it with salt and butter!! She would stick her little arm in the bowl and stir it around, pull a few choice pieces out and eat them. She would climb over my legs and back, She started crawling on all fours, it was just so much fun!!! And that's when it all hit me........This is why I wanted to be a mommy again!!!!

Today we went to the Dr. They drew blood, I cried more than she did. I started to cry when they were trying to deside which vein was better. Everyones comments were the same........She is so tiny, she looks like a porcelin doll. And she does. I don't realize how tiny she really is for her age.

Just a few minutes ago I found her crawling to the dog's bowl of food. So I put it in his crate. I turn around and she has her arm up to her body in the crate taking the kibble out of his dish and eating it!!!!! So I gave her a teething biscut, now as I write she is giving the dog licks of her busicut!!!!! She just gave him the buscuit!!!!!! This is what being a mommy is all about!!!!! This is living the dream!!!!!

4 comments:

Cathy said...

Sounds like magic. Too cute about feeding the dog. We have dogs too so I can picture it.

Glad you are having a blast!

Janine said...

I remember my kids sharing with the dog --- they are part of the family! It sounds like you are really enjoying your new little girl and being mom. Good for you!

Christy O said...

How very, very funny! I am so glad you are enjoying your new life! Cannot wait to see you all, but also don't want to intrude on this important bonding time!!! So, I look forward to seeing you at church!
Love and hugs to you all,
Christy and crew

Erica Jo (mamasweetpea) said...

Oh, we are playing the dog dish game too! Isn't being a mommy to a sweet tiny toddler just the best??? Tell your little honey that her crib mate says hi!!