Monday, October 20, 2008

Update

Really there isn't anything new to tell. A bunch of maybe this, maybe that, maybe we can go home tomorrow.

They draw her blood every 12 hours the maximum that they can. Being that she is only 16.67 pounds they can only draw about 11cc. So they draw the maximum twice a day. If the tests turn out that her liver levels are continuing to lessen she can go home if she test negative for a certain parasite. If not then we stay. They wanted to do a pic line so that they wouldn't have to stick her but they couldn't get her veins to open up enough. The insides of her tiny arms are just bruised Black! They took her off of the IV, but keep the site in, just in case they need to hook her back up. They have tried a new line in her other foot, but can't get it. Her tiny body is bruised so badly it's hard to look at when I change her. I have to focus on the medical miracle that they can remove a piece of liver through needles, instead of cutting her open.

My heart aches.......for Lauren and Tristan. For my baby girl....For her Birth mother..... I held her birth mother in my arms and promised her that I would take care of her baby girl. She trusted me to care for the child she gave birth to.

How has God Blessed me in this............ Christy and Tahja. I can not thank you enough. You help me while I wept. It's not like we are family, or that I grew up with you both, or that we have shared our darkest, deepest secrets............ Wednesday night while curled up on the couch in our room, I finally listened to the 8 voicemails I had after meeting with Dr. after Dr. and drawing her first blood. It's Christy... She knew I wouldn't ask for help, so she desided to come anyway. She left 2 hours ago!!!!!!!! I so needed her. Tahja came the next day and stayed until Sunday night. She asked questions for me, heard what I didn't, and held me as I cried. We even got the nurses to think that we were a "couple".

Lee...Thank you for the bags of goodies and the radio. It has made all the difference. Christian music has brought up conversations with people. And has been my strength when I am alone.

Greg...Thanks for the visit. It was wonderful to see you.

To the kindness of all who have emailed and left messages for me. Some who are complete stangers to me. THANK YOU!!!

Sunny and Sunny......Ethiopian women who came to me and spoke Ahmaric to Selamnesh. She does understand!!!!!!! We are family.

Jesus, thank you for your continuted strength. I never felt alone. I know you will never leave me, or forget about me. To God be the Glory!!!!

God has so Blessed me in this troubled time. God does not give you what you can not handle, for this I am certain.

3 comments:

Janine said...

God is good. He has put many, many people in your life that have blessed you along the way. He even knew that this medical emergency would come up - so He placed you in Sahara's life at this particular time to care for her through all of this. Stay strong in prayer.

Anonymous said...

Oh Anna ~ I just received all of your news...my prayer is so strong for you, Sahara, Tristan, and Lauren. Sahara will come through this. God does not give you what you cannot bear, you know this....keep strong. Sahara is one fortunate little girl, and she is in fabulous hands, the best of the medical teams, and has YOU for a mommy!!! Keep in touch - our thoughts are with you!!!! Love, joey

Sha Zam- said...

We are praying for your family. You are caring for this child as you promised and as god delivered her to you, for this reason. Stay strong and just love your daughter.