Thursday, September 11, 2008

13 Days!!!

This proccess has gone very well. I can not say enough GREAT things about my adoption Agency. I would like to thank the entire team for taking my calls, calling me back, and for all of your support. Last night there was a slight bump in the road regaurding the schedule. All that matters at this point is that I will be boarding a flight in Ethiopia on Thursday night with my 3 children!!

Packing for this trip is a process in it's self. Anyone who has ever went on a weekend get-a-way let alone for a week knows how I pack!!!!! 3 outfits for every day, you can't show up at dinner wearing the same thing you wore during the day.......dahhhh. And then shoes really make the outfit. So a pair of shoes for each outfit. And you never want to go on a trip without the comforts of home. When we have gone on vacations out of the country. I pack 2 large suitcases for myslef. I use one of the children's suitcases for my shoes and cram their clothes into one suitcase!!! .................This is different.................I am a changed woman................. I really haven't packed for the last time, I'm sure. But............
I am bringing less than one outfit per day!!!!!!!!!!!
I think I'm bringing two pairs of ballerina slippers, one brown and one red, just because a girls gotta feel special. A pair of garden shoes just incase it's muddy, but they are new, baby blue with little flowers on them. And my favorite pair of Birkenstocks to lounge in around the guest house. Those of you who have traveled with me are in awwwwwwhhh. I'm bringing my favorite 2 pairs of cargo pants, lauren hates them, 2 linen skirts, she hates them too, a long skirt for the trip south to meet her birthmother. A denuim skirt, and a velour jogging suit. A few long sleeves and a few short sleeves. That's it!!! I'm hoping this will all fit into a carry on. I have the kids packed pretty much the same.

BUT
I packed an entire suitcase of food!!! Goldfish crackers, graham crackers, animal crackers, starburst, jolly ranchers, beef jerky, 2 jars of peanutbutter, juice boxes, fruit roll ups, fruit gushers, sunflower seeds, mixed nuts, pistashios, trial mix, ramen noodles, bannan pudding that doesn't need to be refigerated, two flavors of oatmeal, chex mix, cheddar fries, prunes, raisins, three kinds of granola bars, and 5 kinds of drink mix. Thanks to my favorite mommy to be...... easy mac and instant hamburger helper. And my daughter is a size 0!!! I'm so afraid that they won't like the food and that my children will starve!!!!!!! Besides the peanutbutter and the oatmeal everything was pretty much picked out by Lauren. Tristan will eat anything.

For mother's day we took my mother and all of us went to an Ethiopian resturant. We wanted to try a little bit of everything. Our bill came to over $80, and there wasn't one thing that we even kinda liked!!!!!!!!!! Now you understand my fear. Anyone who knows me and my children well knows that I am a tough mom!! What I say goes, no questions asked!! But you also know I do everything in my power to make them comfortable. We don't want baby Sahara Selamnesh to go hungry on that 27 hours of travel home...........

3 comments:

Cindy said...

Reassured...
there is only 1 day that the cooks make Ethiopian food. The rest of the time it is a slightly different take on American foods. Good Luck!

Christy O said...

You will be fine. Most of the time, you won't even care about food! LOL! Cannot wait for your shower on Sunday! Counting down the days with you.

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited for you! I'll be praying for a safe trip and an easy transition for Sahara and your family.