Sunday, September 21, 2008

Holding it together

I'm just holding it together. As you all know I'm a super emotional person and I show my feelings quite well, even when I'm trying to fake it. Up until now I have held it together pretty well. My last melt down was the day of the referral. I could have been committed!!!! Don't get me wrong, I cry, boy do I cry...... Men you think that's loosing it, no way....... Loosing it means you are to a point of no return.

Church was wonderful. Church is always an emotional thing for me. I am so humbled every worship service that I usually shed a tear or two. Being that this is the last Sunday alone, I thought it might be the time I loose it. I hate it when my children go to their dad's house. I love that unlike so many divorced families, their dad and them have a great relationship!! And we share the time 50/50. BUT I hate the idea of them going there!!!!!!! I hate Fridays, knowing that they will go with their dad in the morning, and I will always try to stall them leaving...... I'm so bad!!!!!!! I love going to church with my children!!! But they are to the ages that they love going to church with their friends, which is a GREAT thing!!!

So getting ready this morning was like this huge revelation that this is the last time I will be getting ready by myself for a lot of years. How wonderful is that, I fantasize about having someone else to get ready, baby barf, and poopy diapers, I am so excited to change diapers again!!!!

I did very well during the service. Pastor Lathen you are wonderful and should really preach more!!!!! All was going well, I was visiting with people after service when a newer couple wanted to talk about adoption with someone. Sure, my favorite subject........ I was walking them down the hall to meet the family of 5, when passing by was a woman who I admire, but don't know all that well. We have had a few conversations, and over to the house, but not someone I have shared my deepest secrets with. She asked me to stop. She started digging through her purse, boy do I know the feeling....... She pulls out a twenty and hands it too me. I asked what it was for.....people have asked me to get them things from Africa....And she says what ever you need it for. I just about lost it!!!!!!!!! Inside I lost it!!!!!! I am so humbled by the generosity of people you don't know all that well. I know physiologically that I think that if I start to loose it, the fear is that I won't come back......... Very true. I know that at some time I will crash. I just hope it's by myself and not with a new couple standing next to me wanting to talk about adoption. God is so Good!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

God is good, isn't He? He gives us what we NEED when we NEED it. I'm praying for all of you and especially that all things go smoothly during your travels.