Monday, September 29, 2008

A very full day.

This morning I met with Salamnesh's Dr., Social worker, Nanny,and the journalist. The thing that makes this Adoption Agency different from every other is that they give you so much valuable information about her history. A journalist of the agency goes to the birth family home, films the home, the family, and where she was born. They ask the mother questions about the birth, the day she was born. And any message she wants to tell Salamnesh. I watched this 20 minute interview with her mother along with the other professionals. And then spent as long as I wanted with them asking them questions. It was a very emotional time.

Later we went shopping. I felt so rushed!!!!!!!! We had one hour at one market. Thirty minutes at another and then stopped at their version of Starbucks so everyone could by the most popular brand of Ethiopian coffee. It was amazing how much you could by for so little. There was a lot that I didn't get that I had wanted. I'm hoping that we will be able to go for a little longer tomorrow or Wednesday.

Because of Rashashana we might visit the birth families tomorrow or Wednesday. The holiday ends either day depending on the moon and the Muslin leader. It's a last minute decision.

Well, more tomorrow.............

2 comments:

Cathy said...

Thanks for sharing. It sounds like your trip is going well. I have a VERY hard time with injera as well. I am not sure I will ever be able to eat it. Hang in there and enjoy every moment. Your daughter is beautiful.

Unknown said...

Hi guys! Wow sounds like quite the
adventure! I can't wait to read more tomorrow. Hope all is going well and you are enjoying your time together. I can't wait to meet her. I am praying for you all.